You are here:   Forums
Register   |  Login
etter_Future_Ahead_01

Welcome to the Crimes Against Fathers Forums

Minimize

ForumForumDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneric Parent ForumGeneric Parent ForumSocietal Progra...Societal Progra...This is the sort of shit women talk aboutThis is the sort of shit women talk about
Previous Previous

Next Next
New Post
 11/15/2012 12:11 PM

Modified By host  on 11/14/2012 6:18:32 PM
If you want to have a look at some of the total shit that women go on with now? Just read this.

WW III is coming and these morons are talking about urinals. If anyone tries to argue with me that these women deserve to live? I think I will just point them to this article. 

"Create a safe space for open conversation."

Apparently creating a safe space for conversations is important, while committing perjury, kidnapping, extortion, theft and child abuse is overlooked. Riiiiiggghhhtttt.

"a male-bodied individual"..... No I did not make that up. Gender is a social construct...you have male bodied and female bodied people now....but we are all exactly the same....right? 

"The response was to the effect of: we should be prioritizing safety over convenience, so male-bodied individuals should use the stalls to make other people feel safe."

That's right...the male bodied people....who do not want the female bodied people in their bathroom anyway, need to change their behaviour for the "feeling of safety" of the equal women. Remember this is not ACTUAL safety....this is FEELING OF SAFETY...so all a woman has to do to demand a change in male behaviour is to CLAIM that said change might make her FEEL SAFER.

Oh...by the way? The men still need to do all the dying on the job. If they want to FEEL SAFE or, indeed, BE SAFE? That is not an issue worth talking about, right?

"So the debate raged one. And as we continued the conversation, we had to explain that penises could be triggering; that the threat of sexual assault is real even among those in progressive spaces;"

Yep...WW III is coming and they are talking about how "penises could be triggering"....here is an idea...SEPARATE TOILETS FOR WOMEN AND MEN...Gee, who would ever have come up with THAT idea?!

But no....we have to have women in OUR toilets....and then the women have to tell us how WE BEHAVE SO THEY CLAIM TO FEEL SAFER! What a load of crap these women go on with. These women expect me to respect them when THIS is what they talk about! LOL!!

http://feministing.com/2012/11/14/gen...

Gender-neutral restrooms are every BODY’s business

Share on TumblrSubmit to StumbleUponDigg This

This weekend I was in one of those progressive spaces that tries really hard to prioritize identity-based issues and make their spaces safe for different kinds of folk. And usually it’s pretty easy to do. Keep food accessible to people with various  dietary needs. Bring folks from different backgrounds to the table. Use inclusive language. Create a safe space for open conversation.

That last order proved to be critical, because the issue of gender-neutral restrooms was not so straight forward. It all started when a male-bodied individual asked if they should be using the stall instead of the urinal in the male-turned-gender-neutral multi-stall restroom. The response was to the effect of: we should be prioritizing safety over convenience, so male-bodied individuals should use the stalls to make other people feel safe. It was assumed that everyone would nod their heads and accept this. But another brave soul threw a wrench in the plans. The assumption was made early on in the weekend that everyone was comfortable in gender neutral restrooms and she wanted to know: who’s safety are we prioritizing if we overlook this?

So the debate raged one. And as we continued the conversation, we had to explain that penises could be triggering; that the threat of sexual assault is real even among those in progressive spaces; that it is not silly to feel secure behind a locked bathroom stall; that sexual assault does not only happen to women; that some men and women really are more comfortable in gender-specific restrooms, even if they’re progressive and/or radical; that the restroom is no more or less a site for sexual assault than anywhere else; that penises shouldn’t only be associated with male-identified persons; that the term “all-gender restroom” is more appropriate, as we are not trying to create a space that neutralizes or denies any gender but is inclusive to all of them, etc, etc.

These were all very relevant and important points that should have been put on the table before gender-neutral restrooms were introduced to the group.  Because the brave woman was correct in asking whose safety are we reprioritizing? How effective is it to say “the restroom is open to all genders,” assume that everyone is comfortable with that, and then add later “but you may not be able to use the facility like you normally would?” Shouldn’t some of the beauty of a gender neutral bathroom be that a woman with a penis can have access to a urinal if she wanted to? But on the flip side, I understand why we always need to put people’s safety first. But we have to make an effort to consider a wide range of safety needs and not assume that everyone is on the same page about what those needs are.

Our solution was to create a single-occupant restroom that had urinals, in addition to a gender-neutral restroom. But I was appreciative of the honest, nuanced conversation. There was a great lesson in all of it: when creating gender neutral restrooms we have to consider everybody and every body.

New Post
 11/16/2012 6:03 PM

LOL - this is funny!  This is why women drag businesses down - at work, they are obscessed with trivia and won't do anything productive at work.  They can take their stinking @ssholes to their own bathrooms and die as far as I'm concerned.
Previous Previous

Next Next
ForumForumDiscussionsDiscussionsGeneric Parent ForumGeneric Parent ForumSocietal Progra...Societal Progra...This is the sort of shit women talk aboutThis is the sort of shit women talk about